Everything You Need to Know about motorcycle and car track days visiting Spain

Motorcycle riders and car drivers going to track days in Spain: discover the importance of having proper insurance for your trip to Spain. Learn about coverage options, what to look for and how to choose the best accident insurance for your track days. Protect yourself with the right insurance and enjoy your ride.

Spain is a popular tourist destination known for its beautiful beaches, historic landmarks, and delicious cuisine. However, as a foreign visitor, there are a few important documents you’ll need to have in order to enter the country and enjoy your trip.

General information and documents you may need

First and foremost, you’ll need a valid passport. Make sure that your passport has at least six months of validity remaining before the expiration date, as some countries require this in order to enter.

If you’re traveling from a country within the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA), you will not need a visa to enter Spain. However, if you’re traveling from a country outside of the EU or EEA, you may need a visa. Be sure to check with the Spanish embassy or consulate in your country to confirm the specific requirements.

For example. a non-EU/EEA traveler will need to present several documents as follows: a valid passport, a visa, proof of accommodation, a round-trip ticket, documents that prove the purpose of entry.

In addition, it’s a good idea to make copies of your passport and other important documents, such as your driver’s license, credit cards and travel insurance, in case they are lost or stolen.

If you’re planning on renting a car or motorcycle, you’ll need to have a valid driver’s license, and depending on your country of origin you may also need an International Driving Permit (IDP).

Lastly, it’s important to have your flight or train tickets and any reservations you have made, such as hotel or tour reservations. This will help you to prove your itinerary and the length of your stay in the country.

By having all the necessary documents, you will be able to enjoy your trip to Spain without any interruption and make the most of your time there.


You can contact an organizer or you can attend by yourself if you have brought your vehicle with you.

You can also find online a company to rent the vehicle, but bear in mind that very few circuits have that option available, and also you will need to rent a van or car and trailer. If you are riding your road bike or car, you can always access the track with it.

Tipically, if you buy a travel package from a track day organizer from your country, he will have everything covered including transport of your bike from and back to your home.

Spain is full of motor sports lovers and are always glad to help and communicate. Don’t hesitate on reaching locals once in the track and you will be more than welcome.

You can find lots of websites with all the tracks, location and phone contacts, try «circuitos de motocross en España» o «circuitos de velocidad en España» in google.

The only requisite the track is going to ask for is your «accident insurance policy«.


Motopoliza.com is Spains top track days insurance specialist.

Insurance for track days in Spain

Spain is a popular destination for motor enthusiasts, offering some of the most exciting speed circuits and motocross tracks in Europe and great weather all year round.

If you’re planning a trip to Spain as a motor fan, here are some recommendations:

First, you don’t need a driver’s license to access speed circuits or mx tracks.

Next, it’s essential to have the appropriate insurance coverage for track days.

You can buy your track day accident insurance policy, for every kind of vehicle from karting to motocross, minimoto or supermoto, speed bikes or cars, clicking here.

We recommend activating the «translation» option on your browser.

Things you have to know:

  • Insurance is NOT valid for racing. It covers your own track days, training days, courses… Enjoy your riding safe and dont compete in races, but you can train hard and enjoy your riding day with your friends.
  • You can buy daily or yearly insurance. If youre planning to ride for more than 6 days it may be cheaper to buy a yearly policy.
  • The policy covers yourself in case of accident. It doesn’t include Third party liability.

What to do in case of an accident in a speed or motocross track

If you do have an accident please follow these simple rules:

  • Always phone our accident call center dialing 0034 910 480 095 : we will help you and find a suitable hospital near you. Do not go directly to a hospital, please phone first so they can setup up your authorization before you arrive to the hospital. Ask them for an ambulance if you need it and they will send it.
  • Don’t forget to email the claim form that you will receive once you buy your insurance policy to email account autorizaciones@motopoliza.com, with any medical document provided by the hospital.
  • Use that same email account to follow your treatment. If the doctor tells you to come back in 2 days, send and email to autorizaciones@motopoliza.com so they can authorize it.
  • Remember that insurance will provide every treatment prescribed by the doctors until recovery for a maximum of 18 months.
  • Treatment will only be provided by the insurer’s hospital network in Spain
  • If you return back home before the recovery, the insurer won’t provide further assistance if you return to Spain.
  • If you are booking daily insurance make sure you buy it the day before attending the circuit
  • Remember that we are always more than glad to help you: contact us with any question you may need.

¿What track insurance should I buy?

Please follow our customer journey to properly select the most suitable insurance:

  • Access this page
  • Follow the instructions: it will ask you for the type of vehicle: speed, supermoto, mx, cars, go-karts
  • Choose daily or yearly insurance. If youre riding more than 6 days you can opt for yearly insurance since it could be cheaper (check it out)
  • All daily insurance is unlimited. Yearly insurance can be limited to a specific amount, or unlimited. We always recommend unlimited insurance specially if your foreigner. Otherwise the insurer will cover your medical costs until that amount and you will have to cover the rest with your own money.
  • Fill in the form and choose payment method: Credit card, paypal, transfer or Bizum
  • You will automatically receive the policy on your email together with the claim pdf file already filled in with your data.
  • It is better if you print everything in paper since it can save you time either accessing the track or in case of an accident.

By following these recommendations, you’ll be able to find the right track day insurance coverage for your needs and enjoy your time on the track in Spain with peace of mind.

What’s included

Accident assistance: in case of injuries produced by an accident at the track, these policies cover your medical assistance.

  • All daily insurance has the full medical costs included
  • Yearly insurance can have full medical costs included, or included up to a specific maximum amount: we recommend the full medical option
  • Call the phone number and ask what nearby hospital to go to. Ask for an ambulance if you need to.
  • In case of injuries that are a life threat to the rider, you can alternatively call gobernment phone number112 and ask for their assistance. The insurer will afterwards speak to them. Beware: phone 112 just in life and death situations.

Death compensation: 15.000€

Permanent disability compensation: 15.000€ – we must present the insurer with government documentation regarding inability to work regarding permanent disability after an accident at the track

What’s NOT included

  • Flight back home or repatriation is NOT included. We are working on it.
  • In case of an accident you cannot interrupt your treatment in Spain, fly back home, and then return to follow treatment.
  • Riders usually get the first treatments in Spain and then prefer to return back home to finish the recovery on their means. For example, after a crash, get surgery, and a few days later return to their country and continue the cure or rehab on their means, nearby their home.

Track Days Managers and Organizations: join our professional program and include insurance in your travel packages.

que necesitas para entrar a rodar en circuito

Are you a track day event manager? Join our professional program for benefits

If you plan on bringing riders or car racers to Spain, join our professional program for benefits. We will grant you access to our platform so you can book insurance for your riders and provide them with a complete travel package.

Please contact us in English or Spanish at circuitos@motopoliza.com and we will be glad to tell you how easy it is to enroll in our professional program.

¿Necesitas un seguro?

Estás en el sitio adecuado: trabajamos con las mejores aseguradoras para que encuentres el seguro que necesitas